The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and organizational support to the General Secretary/President and Chief Operating Officer of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA (NCC). S/he is responsible for performing a variety of administrative and secretarial duties with excellence and minimal supervision, strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. The Executive and Operations Assistant will be a self-starter, able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be deadline-oriented, flexible and solutions-minded.
This position will be located in the NCC’s Washington D.C. offices and has exempt status in the non-bargaining unit.
Since its founding in 1950, the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA has been a leading force for ecumenical cooperation among Christians in the United States. The 38 NCC member communions — from a wide spectrum of Protestant, Anglican, Orthodox, Evangelical, historic African American and Living Peace churches — include 45 million persons in more than 100,000 local congregations in communities across the nation.
- Develop itineraries, including travel and lodging for the General Secretary/President and Chief Operating Officer.
- Process high-level documents and correspondence, some of which is confidential and must be treated as such, and greet and maintain contact with high-level visitors and colleagues of the General Secretary/President.
- Process and prioritize incoming mail and assist with General Secretary/President’s correspondence.
- Process expenses for the General Secretary/President and Chief Operating Officer.
- Assist with some general accounting tasks (i.e., entering accounts payable and cash receipts into the accounting system
- Maintain NCC files and filing systems, listservs and database information, including rosters, email-lists, mailing addresses, etc.
- Assist in the planning and staffing of the NCC’s annual Christian Unity Gathering.
- Oversee and maintain office supplies and equipment inventory.
- Coordinate meetings including securing space, conference rooms set-up, ordering food/beverages, etc.
- Monitor compliance with requirements such as reporting and certificates of insurance.
- Answer main office phone and email and respond to general questions and requests.
- Work with COO to prepare and maintain employment, evaluation, and termination records for staff and employment contracts for independent contractors.
- Undertake other projects/work/functions as required at the discretion of the General Secretary/President and Chief Operating Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent life and work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook. Experience with GoogleDocs preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, take initiative and multi-task.
- Highly organized, service-oriented, task and deadline-focused, strong time management and interpersonal skills and creative thinker.
- Must be a dedicated, resilient professional and a team player that enjoys working with a variety of people.
- A self-starter with specificity to detail, protocols and professionalism in all respects.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- People of color, women, individuals with disabilities & veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Passion for ecumenism and the work of the National Council of Churches is preferred.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Annual salary of $58,000 and pension benefits, 22 days of paid vacation, and a health care insurance subsidy.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 24, 2020
Please send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
110 Maryland Ave. NE, Suite 108, Washington, DC 20002